The OAA is proud to be hosting the NAA Designation Course Auction Marketing Management (AMM). Instructors will be John Schultz and Sara Rose Bytner.
The course will be held at the Marriott Northwest in Dublin, OH., October 9-11, 2023.
- Please click this link to register.
- This is a 2-1/2 day course.
- Course will run from 8:00am – 5:00pm on Monday and Tuesday, 8:00am – 12:00pm (noon) Wednesday.
- The fee to attend is to cover coffee, lunches and snacks.
- The course fee is being funded by the Auction Education Fund through the Ohio Department of Agriculture/Ohio Auctioneer Commission. This is over a $500.00 savings.
- Should you choose to obtain the AMM Designation there will be an application fee of $150.00 that will be payable to the NAA and you will be required to complete the post class project within a two (2) year period.
- There is a room block at the Marriott for $169/night plus taxes. To book a room please click here. This room block is limited so book now!
Auction Marketing Management (AMM)
Making your marketing more effective and relevant is key to advancing your auction business – from exposure to profits. You must create and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy with modern techniques. This course is designed to take your business to a marketing level beyond a simple website to implementing effective targeted marketing strategies using various channels. You will learn how to improve marketing campaigns, digital ads, audience targeting, brand identity and search engine optimization (SEO), as well as manage your reputation, conduct data-based market research and effectively utilize dynamic digital tools.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
1. Describe your marketplace and brand identity and how it impacts your business and marketing
2. Define a comprehensive marketing strategy utilizing modern techniques for any media form
3. Implement effective media and auction marketing content best practices
4. Put into practice systems and processes to improve efficiencies
5. Effectively use digital tools and data to complete applicable market research
6. Analyze data to improve current and future marketing campaigns
7. Determine when and how to use paid and organic marketing channels
8. Improve digital content and targeting for increased search engine optimization (SEO) and website engagement
AMM Instructed by:
• Sara M. Rose Bytnar, CAI, AARE, AMM, BAS Sara is a third-generation real estate and fundraising auctioneer, and she is proud to represent the National Auctioneers Association as the 2017 International Auctioneer Champion, Women’s Division. She has grown up with four female auctioneers in her family to guide, mentor, and challenge her to excel in every aspect of the auction profession. By being named the CAI Rose Award recipient in 2012 and competing at the state and national level, Sara has developed her own voice for which she is honored to represent an industry and association that stands for the highest level of professionalism.
• John D. Schultz, AMM John actively works in the auction industry, and loves the traditional auction method of marketing, but also recognizes the importance of adding technology to market auctions, and bring a worldwide audience to the auction ring. John is currently the Chief Marketing and Technology Officer for Grafe Auction, a Minnesota based commercial and industrial auction company. John is a proud member of the National Auctioneers Association and the Minnesota State Auctioneers Association and is active within both organizations. He was awarded the 2009 Golden Gavel Award for outstanding service to the auction industry. He was also the Charter President of the Minnesota State Auctioneers Foundation.