What does your membership in the Wisconsin Auctioneers Association do for you? Do you utilize your membership in the WAA as a source for continuing education, a place to network with other auction professionals, or perhaps you are a new auctioneer taking advantage of the mentor program. The WAA can be a great resource for all auction professionals but as we have learned in the WAA, as in life, you get out of it what you put into it. We encourage you to at the very least attend the annual convention. The convention is the one place you can find a group of auction professionals willing to share a wealth of information with everyone. Join a committee. You do not have to be on the board to serve on a committee.
Enter the bid calling competition or the ringman’s competition or run for the board of directors. We have met some awesome colleagues and made some GREAT friends from being involved in this organization and I encourage you to do the same. If you don’t know where to start reach out to a director, any one of them would be more than happy to help you become more involved in the WAA.
We believe the future of the auction industry and the future of our association is very bright, we encourage you to be an active member in the Wisconsin Auctioneers Association and if you are involved please continue to encourage other auctioneers you know to be involved as well!
WAA Professional Auctioneers:
- Are Licensed by the State of Wisconsin
- Must abide by State/Federal Regulations including Uniform Commercial Code, Sherman Act, ATF, Bankruptcy Laws
- Must attend Ongoing Continuation Education
- Adhere to a strict Code of Ethics
- Keep abreast of trends in the marketplace
- Must be knowledgeable and honest to protect consumers
- Attend state and national conferences, seminars and workshops
- Network with other professionals to improve service to consumers